- The Ausdrill Group is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
||ABN 95 009 211 474
|Supply Direct Pty Ltd
||ABN 29 059 611 862
|Diamond Communications Pty Ltd
||ABN 56 090105141
|Ausdrill Northwest Pty Ltd
||ABN 58 103 661 374
|Ausdrill International & Management Services Pty Ltd
||ABN 68 074 414 387
|African Mining Services (Ghana) Pty Ltd
||ABN 32 076301 472
|Ausdrill Enterprises Pty Ltd
||ABN 79 105 205 749
|Westrans Services Pty Ltd
||ABN 85 099451 591
|Remet Engineers Pty Ltd
||ABN 18 105 226 935
- Any information provided to any member of the Ausdrill Group may be disclosed to, and used by, other members of the Ausdrill Group.
Collection of information
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
- In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by the Ausdrill Group:
- if you contact the Ausdrill Group, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you apply for a position with us, we will collect personal information as part of the recruitment process. If you are shortlisted for a position, we may collect sensitive information but only that which is relevant or necessary. Sensitive information may include health information about you or your criminal record. This information will be collected directly from you or, with your written consent, from your medical practitioner or company appointed medical practitioner, or other relevant sources; and
- if you submit your email address to any website mailing list we may operate from time to time.
- At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps (including by way of making this Privacy Statement available to you) to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you, technical maintenance and the assessment of your application for employment). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. This information is only disclosed to persons outside the Ausdrill Group or its businesses in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
- In the case of short-listed employment candidates, we may disclose personal and sensitive information about you to client (third party) companies for the purpose of gaining approval for your access to their sites. Ausdrill does not disclose your personal information to a party outside the Ausdrill Group for the purpose of allowing another party to direct market their products or services to you. However, if we are introduced to a service which we believe to be of significant interest or benefit to you as an employee, we may provide your mailing address or email address for contact purposes only, unless you specifically request that your address not be provided.
- In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public's health or safety;
- where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
- where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process); and
- where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the prevention, investigation, prosecution or punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. The Ausdrill Group encourages users to be aware when they leave the Ausdrill Group’s website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and storage
- The Ausdrill Group is committed to protecting the personal information it holds from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Personal information is stored in secured premises and access to the information is restricted. In addition, we may enter into confidentiality arrangements with staff.
- Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Access to and correction of personal information
- The Ausdrill Group is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
- So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information. You can request access to information by contacting the office where you originally submitted your details.
- Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. A fee is payable to cover administrative costs associated with the search for information and any copies requested.
- If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Use of identifiers
Ausdrill does not use Commonwealth identifiers as a means of identifying personal information collected about you. Complaints
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1540
Canning Vale WA 6155
- We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
Pursuant to the National Privacy Principles, we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such transfer is permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1540
Canning Vale WA 6155
- Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the National Privacy Principles, we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.